“You can’t stop the waves but you can learn to surf”
Mindfulness and mind training is used both in working with mental and physical illness and by by professionals and organisations as an effective personal development pathway. Research has shown mindfulness to be highly effective in managing stress, physical & emotional pain, improving immune system functioning, developing self awareness, relational & communication skills and promoting well-being and resilience.
I helping participants develop and access a range of positive qualities that over time transform personal and professional functioning. Clients consistently report how mindfulness is a resource that enhances their physical, mental and emotional functioning:
- Increased ability to focus attention and stay in the present moment
- Access positive emotions and manage negative emotions
- Cultivate enhanced energy states and creativity
- Create a restorative space where we can find peace and re-charge
- Increase self-awareness
- Gain a wider perspective, allowing us to see more choices and make better decisions
- Respond rather than react to emotions and situations
- Improve relationships and awareness of interpersonal dynamics
- Take charge of well-being and health
- Resilience: develop greater capacity to manage stress and difficulties
- Feel more connected and fulfilled
- Develop self-compassion
Here is a link to some mindfulness tracks, that I have recorded, to support your therapy.